I The meeting was held during lunch at the Fall Assembly in Tonopah. It was chaired by Marty B. He opened with the serenity prayer and the GSR Preamble.
II Minutes (Colleen D.) Colleen emailed the minutes from the last meeting with one correction. Motion to approve minutes was made and seconded. Motion approved.
III Treasurer (Louis P.) Lou reported August’s beginning balance in the checking account was$6513.87. Contributions totaled $345.40. There were no expenses for the month. Therefore, the ending balance was $6859.27. August’s beginning balance in the savings account was $854.50. $.01 interest was earned for a final balance of $854.51. There was a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion passed.
IV DCM report (Marty B.) Marty reported that he will be moving on November 14th so he will not be at the December Election meeting. He asked Jake to conduct the elections. He accepted.
V ADCM report (Ruthie B.) No report.
VI Intros and Group reports around the room. Present were Marty B., Claudia B., DaNella K., Ruthie B., Bob H., Paul H, Bobby F., Will E., Libby G., Karinda R., Kimberly W., Lou P., Beverly A., Jake, Kevin L., Steve, Diana M, Mike, Mike, Derek, Alfredo, Cynthia. On Zoom, Lora J., Gloria W, Peggy L., Carol H., Colleen D., Diane O,
VII Committee reports
- Picnic report – (DaNella-Co-Chair) Everything is good to go. She still needs more people to help set up. They are starting at 9:30 that morning. Ruthie confirmed the Lost and Found Club has volunteered to take charge of all the activities but she asked for help because she may not be able to be there. DaNella will get the cake and bring a Big Book to sign. Bob V will be providing a microphone and speaker for our guest speaker at 2pm. Craig and Bobby are providing the grill and manning the BBQ. There will also be live music by Fisherman Tom and Bob V.
- Workshops – (Chuck T. & Ruthie B.) Chuck was not at the meeting. Marty will talk with him regarding the workshop.
- Archives Liaison – (Diana M) – Diana reported that Ronnie had given an excellent report to the body at the assembly regarding the progress he has made and the projects that are being worked on for the future.
- H & I (Kevin L.) Kevin reported that all panels are up and back to their pre-pandemic activity. All board of directors’ positions have been filled. Anyone who wishes to go into the prisons needs to be cleared even if they have done it in the past.
- Grapevine/ La Vina (Janey and Diana)) – No report.
- Hotline (Paul H.) – Paul said that no one had contacted him from Central Office regarding a new date for District One. At this time we do not have a commitment.
- PI/CPC – (Bob V) –No report.
- Intergroup – (Craig C.) Kimberly W. gave Craig’s report. The Trustees Literature Committee is requesting stories for the proposed 5th edition of the Big Book. Deadline for submission is October 31. Stories can be sent to 5BBstory@aa.org. District 5 B is having a workshop on Service on the 3rd Saturday of every month. It is on zoom starting at 10 am. The numbers are 911 6032 610. Password is service. Clark County Health Fair is Oct 29 from 9-4 at Clark County Government Center. Nevada Homeless Alliance is November 22 from 9-4 at the Silver Nugget Casino & Event Center. Las Vegas Roundup is doing well. It will be held November 24-27 at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino, 3801Las Vegas Blvd. Early Registration ends November 1. Price until then is $45, then $55 after that date. More details can be found on the website. For information about H & I, contact Greta at 714 510 1410. For information about CPC/PI contact Robin at 702 688 0717.
VIII Tradition Summary
Kevin L. presented Tradition 9 and Beverly A. will present Tradition 10 next month.
IX Concept Summary
Claudia B. presented Concept 9 and Karinda R. will present Concept 10 next month.
Diana noted that there is a wonderful Concept Meeting held on Wednesday’s at 6 pm at Central Office.
X Old Business – A motion was made to continue holding the District One business meetings at the Lost and Found meeting room, 544 Avenue H, Boulder City, NV. Motion seconded and passed.
XI New Business – No new business.
Libby reminded the GSRs to make sure that their group treasurers know that no money should be sent to SAGSC after January 1. The donations will go to the Area 42 Treasurer. A flyer explaining it with the new address is attached.
Meeting closed at 1:10. a.m. with the Responsibility Statement.
The next meeting will be held October 16, 2022, 10:15, at the Lost and Found Meeting Room.
Elections will be held during the December 18th meeting. Jake will chair the meeting.