District 1 Minutes May 20, 2018

Steve opened the meeting with the Serenity Prayer and General Service Preamble at 3:20 at the T.I.E. Club.

Attendance: Jake S., Lou P. (New GSR Sunrise group), Liz F., Vito L., Janey P., Steven M., Libby G., Bob V., Dean H., Maddie M., Paul S.

 I.               Minutes: The April minutes were approved.

II.            Treasurer’s Report (Steven M.):


  • Checking Account Balance as of 4/8/2018    $792.18
  • Contributions/Deposits $269.85
  • Balance $1,062.03
  • Less Expenses   $93.00   (Workshop/PO Box)
  • Balance as of 4/30/2018   $969.03

4/1/2018-4/30/2018   $1,002.62*

  •  Savings Account Balance as of 4/8/2018    $503.91
  • Interest Earned $0.02
  •   Balance as of 4/30/2018        $503.93

Balances reconciled with Wells Fargo Account summaries 4/1/2018-4/30/2018


(*) Includes 4/2 and 4/5 Deposits of $27.23 and $24.00 and Withdrawal of $17.64 on 4/12/18

III.           Committee Reports:

A.            Picnic (Kerri): Absent. No Report.

B.            Workshops (Kathleen): Kathleen was unable to attend but sent the following email:

Hi Everyone,

Due to some personal circumstances I will not be able to plan our workshop this summer.

My schedule should free up by October if you would still like me to plan an event for November . 
Let me know . 

Yours in service , 
Kathleen B.

C.            Archives (Open): This position is open. Jake will go to the meeting this coming Saturday.

D.            H&I (Bob): Bob was unable to attend the H&I meeting. No report.

E.             Grapevine (Dean): Dean went to the Grapevine meeting (the last Friday 6:30 at Central Office). It was a good meeting. About 9-10 people were there.

F.             Hotline (Bobby):  Absent. No report.  They really need people to step up for the hotline. GSR’s should try to get their groups to do a monthly commitment. Jake and Bob volunteered for the October and November District One Hotline shifts.

G.            PI/CPC (Janey): Janey was unable to attend the meeting but did man an AA table at a conference for young people.

H.            Intergroup (Jake): See SAGSC minutes for report.

I.              Accessibilities (Open): This position is still open. Kerri is not able to take it on. We will discuss this at the next meeting. Maddie (Area Accessibilities chair) says that events are being filled and that Accessibilities met with PI/CPC.

IV.          Old Business:

A.            New Accessibilities Chair: This is tabled until our next meeting.

V.            New Business:

A.            Summer Workshop:

Jake stepped up to do the summer workshop, which he suggested could be a Grapevine workshop and he has a play we could do! Christmas in July!! Bob and Libby will help. We will try to do Saturday afternoon July 14 or 21 right after next SAGSC so we can put flyers out then. Bob will check to see if Community Church is available.