District 1 Minutes August 12, 2018

District 1 meeting August 12th 2018 in Boulder City. Joan opened the meeting at 10:15am with the Serenity Prayer and GSR Preamble.

 Attendance: Janey, Marty, Kerri, Mark, Dean, Bob, Lou, Chris, Rick, Ralph, Diana, Jake, and Joan

I.              Minutes: The July minutes were approved.

II.             Treasurer’s Report (Marty): Marty is doing the Treasurer’s report in a new way on the “old school ledger” the old school ledger lists all of the group contributions and all of the expenses. Marty contacted the bank because the address is listed in Mobile Alabama from the previous treasurer. He has asked them to change it to the PO Box but it has not been done yet. We talked about money for funding to the area assembly in Tonopah. $50 from the district $75 from SAGs and $50 from the area. Marty has a problem with all of the adds that are coming in the PO Box; Jake will contact the postal service to stop this.

Checking Account Balance as of 7/1/2018 $1,277.00
Contributions/Deposits $254.35  See ledger
Less Expenses $85.65  Workshop
Balance of 7/31/2018 $1,447.70
Savings Account Balance as of 7/1/2018 $503.97
Interest Earned $0.02
Balance as of 7/31/2018 $503.99
Balances reconciled with Wells Fargo Account summaries 7/1/2018 – 7/31/2018 (details available on request)

III.           Committee Reports:

A.            Picnic (Kerri): Kerri has all of the picnic supplies that are left over. She will inventory them and find out what we need for this year. She is looking for volunteers for cooking, setting up, and cleaning. Bob V, Randy, and Tom will be playing live music at the picnic. This year’s picnic will be October 13 from 12-4 at Broadbent Park. Kerri will check with Libby about the flyer. The face painter Torri has been confirmed. Kerri will also check on the policy for the dogs. We are still looking for a speaker for this year‘s picnic but the Grapevine and Archives display have been confirmed.

B.             Workshops (Kathleen): Kathleen absent. Last workshop was the Christmas in July Grapevine workshop. The workshop was a very big success and well attended. There was at least 50 to 60 people in attendance, the room was packed, and we got a lot of good feedback. We read 4 stories from members of Area 42 that had been published in the grapevine as well as a play based on Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. We will be looking for topics and dates for our next workshop.

C.             Archives (Open): Archives no current Liaison. Joan gave a description of the Archives position.

D.            H&I (Bob V): H&I is doing very well. Bob has no new announcements. H&I is always looking for volunteers. They meet the third Tuesday of every month at 6 PM at the Central Office.

E.             Grapevine (Dean): The Grapevine committee meeting is the last Friday of every month 6 PM at the Central Office. At every meeting they have pizza and snacks and read stories from the grapevine. The next event they will be attending is the picnic for District 7 at Mount Charleston.

F.             Hotline (Open):  Hotline no current Liaison. District 1 is still doing their hotline shift the first Monday of every month. Kerri will be doing the hotline for our next shift. Joan gave a description of the Hotline position for District One. Leslie from central office needs help from noon to 4 PM on Mondays in the office.

G.             PI/CPC (Janey): Janey reported that this is their slow season. Janey gave a description of her commitment for the new members. October 2 will be the national night out. Henderson‘s event should be on water Street. The next meeting is tomorrow and they meet every month on the second Monday at 4:30 PM at the Central Office right before the Intergroup meeting.

H.            Intergroup (Jake): 

I.              Accessibilities (Kerri): Kerri has agreed to be our new District 1 liaison. She will attend this month’s meeting and let us know what is going on next month. THANK YOU KERRI!

IV.           Old Business:

A.            GSR Outreach (Joan): Joan talked about her outreach to the groups that are not being represented at the district. She passed out receipts for group contributions. She is still going to groups and working on getting groups to participate and be represented in District 1. THANK YOU JOAN!

B.             New Accessibilities Chair: Kerri will do it!!

V.             New Business:

A.             Area Assembly: Joan talked about the upcoming assembly. She talked about what to expect at an election assembly and she will send out the link for the online registration.