District 1 Minutes April 8, 2018

Jake opened the meeting with the Serenity Prayer and General Service Preamble at 10:20 at Lost and Found in Boulder City.

Attendance: Joan R., Joseph R., Jake S., Liz F., Vito L., Janey P., Irene P., Steven M., Ralph W., Diana M.

 I.               Minutes: The March minutes were approved.

II.            Treasurer’s Report (Steven M.): Below are the Treasurer’s reports for the last three months. The $963.22 listed as Expenses in the 4/8/2018 report includes DCM and GSR funding for PRAASA and Tonopah as well as funding for Janey. Steve will ask Marty about the “Pending Deposit $217.10” and he also will ask him if we can get a print out each month of group contributions.

DISTRICT ONE TREASURER’S REPORT FOR MEETING 2/11/2018                                                                                                                  Checking Account Balance as of 1/8/2018   $1,169.56                                                                                                                     Contributions/Deposits   $217.10                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Balance   $1,386.66                                                                                                                     Less Expenses     $0.00                                                                                                                                  Balance as of 2/11/2018    $1,386.66

Pending Deposit $217.10–not included in current checking account balance

Savings Account Balance as of 1/8/2018      $503.85                                                                                                                                   Interest Earned     $0.02                                                                                                                                       Balance as of 2/11/2018     $503.87

Balances reconciled with Wells Fargo Account summaries 1/1/18-1/31/18 (details available on request)


Checking Account Balance as of 2/11/2018    $1,386.66                                                                                                                             Contributions/Deposits       $0.00                                                                                                                              Balance      $1,386.66                                                                                                                              Less Expenses       $29.95                                                                                                                              Balance as of 3/24/2018      $1,356.71

Pending Deposit $217.10–not included in current checking account balance

Savings Account Balance as of 2/11/2018    $503.87                                                                                                                                    Interest Earned        $0.02                                                                                                                                         Balance as of 3/24/2018     $503.89

Balances reconciled with Wells Fargo Account summaries 2/1/18-2/28/18 (details available on request)


Checking Account Balance as of 3/24/2018    $1,356.71                                                                                                                            Contributions/Deposits     $398.69                                                                                                                            Balance $1,755.40                                                                                                                            Less Expenses          $963.22      (PRAASA/Tonopah/pizza)                                                                                                                            Balance as of 4/8/2018   $792.18

Pending Deposit $217.10–not included in current checking account balance

Savings Account Balance as of 3/24/2018        $503.89                                                                                                                            Interest Earned   $0.02                                                                                                                           Balance as of 4/8/2018   $503.91

Balances reconciled with Wells Fargo Account summaries 3/1/18-3/31/18 (details available on request)

III.           Committee Reports:

A.            Picnic (Kerri): Absent. No Report.

B.            Workshops (Kathleen): Kathleen was unable to attend but sent her report, below. Irene attended the Rule 62 workshop and said that it was great and well attended (especially by District 9 – District One was not well represented). Kathleen did an amazing job! Kathleen’s report:

Hello all,

I will not be at the meeting today due to my work schedule. The workshop went very well, had many in attendance, and all had a good time. Special thanks to Bob and his musician friends. They really played well. Thank you to Irene for bringing us supplies at the last minute. Thank you to Joanie for helping me communicate with Justin and the Grapevine. It was nice to have the Literature table at our event. Thank you to Irene for always being supportive and attending the workshops and always being willing to help out. Thank you to Libby for designing the flyer. It was a big project, Vicky and district 9 were wonderful. I could not have done it without them. I will be in touch with Marty B. tomorrow for reimbursement of the money that I put up for the event. Everything was split with District 9 and I will have the breakdown in May. There is no info at this point on future workshops.

Yours in service,  

Kathleen B.

C.            Archives (Kristy): Absent. Kristy must step down from her position. Joseph and Ralph expressed interest.

D.            H&I (Bob): Absent. No report.

E.             Grapevine (Dean): Absent. No Report.

F.             Hotline (Bobby):  Absent. No report.  There are still some spots open for our District One Hotline commitment. GSR’s should try to get their groups to do a monthly commitment.

G.            PI/CPC (Janey): The next PI/CPC meeting is tomorrow. There are lots of upcoming events (see below). Please announce to your groups that PI/CPC needs volunteers for these events!!

April 7            Noon – 4 PM               Recovery Resource Information Fair

April 11           2 – 7 PM                      Family Connect, Cambridge       Recreation Center

April 25 – 27                                        National Conference on Adolescents & Young Adults

April 28           11AM – 2 PM              Metro Health Fair

May 4              4:30 – 7:30 PM            Metro/CC Parks & Rec Cinco de Mayo

May 17            Noon – 3PM                So. NV Adult Mental Health – 3rdAnnual FunFest

H.            Intergroup (Jake): Our Rule 62 workshop was in the Silver Streak. New Silver Streak feature is Meeting in the Spotlight – last issue it was Sun City Summerlin 12 & 12 group. You can submit your group info for consideration! Central Office is down $5,000 from two years ago and still needs contributions. Please announce this to your groups. Birthday contributions are a great idea.

Upcoming events:

April 21           H&I Info workshop at the Triangle Club

May 5              First Annual LV Men’s Night Out Banquet at Palace Station at 6PM. Sheldon F. is speaker. Contact person is Kevin. $45 per person. This is a fundraiser for Central Office.

June 9              Founder’s Day             7 AM – 4:30 PM at Christ Episcopal Church 2000 Maryland Pkwy. Need volunteers and raffle items. Contact person is Greg.

I.              Accessibilities (         ): This position is open. Kerri had expressed an interest. We will discuss this at the next meeting.

IV.          Old Business

A.            District One Proposal (Joan): It turns out that the TCS committee of the AAWS board was already working on this idea (see info the newsletter Joan sent). Even though the idea was already in the works, we agreed that our district’s presentation of the idea was a great learning experience for all of us. Thank you Joan!

B.            GSR Outreach (Joan):  Joan continues to do GSR outreach. Vito mentioned “new” group Floating Men’s Campfire (aka The Wolfpack).

C.             PRAASA (Joan):  PRAASA went really well. Lots of us from District One were there.

D.            Alternate DCM:  Ralph is the new Alternate DCM. He will send Joan his contact info.

E.             Spanish Speaking Women’s Meeting (Diana): This meeting now has a GSR!!!! It meets Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30 PM at Central Office and still needs LOTSmore support! GSRs please announce this to your groups and hand out the flyers. You do not have to speak Spanish to attend this meeting or the District 21 meeting, which is every Thursday. In fact, support from non-Spanish speakers is welcome!!

V.            New Business: No new business