MEETING MINUTES – DISTRICT 1 – https://districtone-nv.org August 14, 2016
Meeting was opened with Serenity Prayer and Preamble.
Introductions and welcome to new GSRs.
- Minutes: Moved, seconded and voted to accept Minutes of July 2016.
- Treasurer’s Report (Tom): Checking account balance as of 7/10/16 was $1,648.96.
Expenses since last report $0.00. Contributions: $150.23. Current balance: $1,799.28
III. Committee Reports
- Picnic (Bridget): Date and time: October 8, 2016; 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Broadbent Park in Boulder City. Discussed the following:
- Shopping: Tom and Bridget will meet at Smart & Final at Eastern and St. Rose Parkway on Friday, Oct. 7, 4:30.
- Key: Joan will pick up key from Town Hall on Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016.
- Podium: Delivery and pick-up. Due to the fire, may or may not be able to get the podium. Kathy (speaker) has asked to speak outside. Set-up will be inside. Will discuss on day of picnic.
- Raffle prizes: please wrap. Each of us needs to ask our home group to donate a prize.
- Raffle tickets: need a volunteer to distribute. Everyone attending picnic will be given one ticket. Discussion regarding specialty tickets; whether to sell for $1.00. Gifts will be kept AA related.
- Face Painter: Torrie is face painter and will be present from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Bounce-house: no bounce-house this year due to insurance issue.
- DJ will bring extra toys and games. Barbie will contact friend who does clown and balloon entertainment.
- Big Book: Jake will get.
- Make sure Big Book is signed: Jake
- Sobriety Countdown: Jake
- Speaker Gift and Card: Bridget
- Grill Cooks; Set up Grill: Libby will recruit
- Coolers for Meat: various members will bring coolers.
- Coolers for Soda: 11 cases of sodas and water need to be in coolers.
- Ice – 80 pounds: Tom
- Two (2) Donation Cans: we have
- One Donation Basket for meeting: we have
- Extension cords: need two (2). We have
- Cake: ½ sheet cake to say, “Thank You from District One”: Tom
- Food: covered dish. Everyone to bring a dish. Announce at home group.
- Coffee set-up:
- Coffee urn: Libby
- Clean-up: all volunteered.
Co-chair needed for next year’s picnic. Claudia will send email to all members to ask for volunteers. Many members of this committee do not come to meetings.
- Workshops (Libby): Fourth Step Workshop, Saturday, August 20, 2016 at GVG in Henderson, NV. Libby had flyers available to distribute to our groups.
- Claudia, Tom and Joan will speak
- Tom will get snacks
- Barbie and Jake will cover for Libby
- Members bring snack of some sort and announce workshop to group.
Next workshop: “Sweet Amends” sometime in November
- Archives (open): Discussed duties of Archivest.
- H&I (Jim F.): absent
- Grapevine (Jake for Joan): Jake reported that Grapevine is doing well. Grapevine workshop will be held Sept. 24, from 1:30 – 3:30 pm at the T.A.I. club. All members please announce to your groups.
- Hotline: Ted is dearly missed by all. He was passionate for AA and especially the Hotline.
District One Commitment: first Monday of every month from 8:00 pm – 8:00 am.
- September: Tom
- October: Jake
- November: Pam
- December: Claudia
- PI/CPC (open):
- Intergroup (open):
- Accessibilities (open):
Claudia announced that elections are coming in December and please give thought to open positions.
- Old Business
- AA Service Manual: Kerri had to leave early.
- Guidelines Committee Report: Claudia will distribute in Tonopah; will vote at that time. Claudia will send an email to remind us all of this.
- New Business
Tonopah Expenses: 1) Each GSR’s group; 2) District $75; 3) SAG $75; 4) Area 42 $50.
Problems/questions/concerns; Ask It Basket
October District One Meeting: location will be next to the Courthouse.