MEETING MINUTES – DISTRICT 1 – https://districtone-nv.org June 12, 2016
- Minutes: correction to II.F Hotline. …first and third Monday… . Revised to first and second Monday of the month…. Second Monday of the month was/is covered. Approved as revised.
- Treasurer’s Report (Tom): Checking account balance as of 5/14/16: $1,307.71. Expenses since last report were $0. Contributions since last report: $138.27. Balance as of today: $1,445.96. Savings account balance as of 5/14/16: $50.43. Interest earned since last report: $.02. Current balance: $503.45.
Tom reported that Wells Fargo charged checking account fees of $2.50 for May. He will speak with the bank again regarding this. No fees are to be charged.
- Committee Reports
A. Picnic (Bridget): Date and time: October 8, 2016; 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Broadbent Park in Boulder City.
No bounce-house this year due to no insurance. Bridget has not been able to find a vendor who will get insured to come to Boulder City. Suggests we have more games. Jake will check to see if he knows someone who can do the bounce-house.
1. Need a face painter.
2. Kathy K. will be speaker.
3. Talked about having a slip-and-slide. Will need water hook-up. Bridget will check with the City re insurance.
4. Ted and Libby will inventory their garage re supplies from last year.
5. Will meet at Smart & Final on 10/7/16 to shop.
6. Bridget will be gone in July. Libby will bring flyers and update the website.
7. Volunteers should show up for picnic at 9:00 the morning of the picnic.
B. Workshops (Libby): Fourth Step Workshop, Saturday, August 20, 2016 at GVG in Henderson, NV. Libby will do an agenda. Plan to set-up at 1:30. District will purchase Sponsorship pamphlets to hand out to attendees.
Discussed future workshop: “Sweet Amends”
C. Archives (open)
D. H&I (Jim F.): absent
E. Grapevine (Jake for Joan): Workshop was held on 5/21/16 (same time as a N.A. convention). September 24, 2016 from 1:30-3:30 pm at the T.I.E. Club will do another workshop with District 15. Will talk about everything to do with the Grapevine; Libby has listed it on the website. Jake handed out the “Grow Your Grapevine” card. Area 42 is in third place so far for this challenge. Take a card and complete what we can—not necessary to complete everything.
F. Hotline (Ted): District 1 commitment: first Monday from 8 pm to 8 am.
- 1. Openings for three shifts on Saturday.
- Vacation coverage is always needed for one reason or another.
- July 4 will need to be covered..
- PI/CPC (open): (same discussion as May)
- Intergroup: Ted G. volunteered to chair.
- Accessibilities (open):
- Old Business
- AA Service Manual: Kerri had to leave early.
- Guidelines Committee Report: Claudia will distribute and would like Guidelines to be in place by the end of the year. We will vote on the Guidelines at our meeting in Tonopah.
- New Business
Libby Workshop Chair
Jake SAGSC Grapevine Chair
Ted Alt DCM
Barbara Alt Secretary