AA District One Minutes June 12 2016

MEETING MINUTES – DISTRICT 1https://districtone-nv.org                               June 12, 2016


  1. Minutes:  correction to II.F Hotline.  …first and third Monday… .  Revised to first and second Monday of the month….  Second Monday of the month was/is covered.  Approved as revised.
  2. Treasurer’s Report (Tom):  Checking account balance as of 5/14/16:  $1,307.71.  Expenses since last report were $0.  Contributions since last report:  $138.27.  Balance as of today:  $1,445.96.  Savings account balance as of 5/14/16:  $50.43.  Interest earned since last report:  $.02.  Current balance:  $503.45.

    Tom reported that Wells Fargo charged checking account fees of $2.50 for May.  He will speak with the bank again regarding this.  No fees are to be charged.

  3. Committee Reports

A.   Picnic (Bridget):   Date and time:  October 8, 2016; 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Broadbent Park in Boulder City.

No bounce-house this year due to no insurance.  Bridget has not been able to find a vendor who will get insured to come to Boulder City.  Suggests we have more games.  Jake will check to see if he knows someone who can do the bounce-house.

1.     Need a face painter.
2.   Kathy K. will be speaker.
3.   Talked about having a slip-and-slide.  Will need water hook-up.  Bridget will check with the City re insurance.
4.   Ted and Libby will inventory their garage re supplies from last year.
5.   Will meet at Smart & Final on 10/7/16 to shop.
6.   Bridget will be gone in July.  Libby will bring flyers and update the website.
7.   Volunteers should show up for picnic at 9:00 the morning of the picnic.

B.    Workshops (Libby):       Fourth Step Workshop, Saturday, August 20, 2016 at GVG in Henderson, NV.  Libby will do an agenda.  Plan to set-up at 1:30.  District will purchase Sponsorship pamphlets to hand out to attendees.

Discussed future workshop:  “Sweet Amends”

C.    Archives (open)

D.   H&I (Jim F.):  absent

E.    Grapevine (Jake for Joan):  Workshop was held on 5/21/16 (same time as a N.A. convention).  September 24, 2016 from 1:30-3:30 pm at the T.I.E. Club will do another workshop with District 15.  Will talk about everything to do with the Grapevine; Libby has listed it on the website.  Jake handed out the “Grow Your Grapevine” card.  Area 42 is in third place so far for this challenge.  Take a card and complete what we can—not necessary to complete everything.

F.    Hotline (Ted):  District 1 commitment:  first Monday from 8 pm to 8 am.

  1. 1. Openings for three shifts on Saturday.
  2. Vacation coverage is always needed for one reason or another.
  3. July 4 will need to be covered..


  1. PI/CPC (open): (same discussion as May)


  1. Intergroup: Ted G. volunteered to chair.


  1. Accessibilities (open):


  1. Old Business
  1. AA Service Manual: Kerri had to leave early.


  1. Guidelines Committee Report: Claudia will distribute and would like Guidelines to be in place by the end of the year.  We will vote on the Guidelines at our meeting in Tonopah.


  1. New Business


Libby                    Workshop Chair

Tom                      Treasurer

Jake                      SAGSC Grapevine Chair


Ted                       Alt DCM


Claudia                DCM

Barbara                Alt Secretary