Serenity Prayer followed by GSR Preamble
I. Approved February 2013 Minutes
II. Treasurers Report – Approved. Please contact Kariene, Treasurer, to view the full report.
III. New Business:
Picnic Chair – John – Scheduled for Saturday, October 5th @ Broad Bent Park, Boulder City.
Workshop Chair – Cherie – update on Spring Workshop, Keeping it Green, March 16th @ Camel Club, 2p – 4p
- Chairs, table, podium at the club; can hold up to 70 people.
- Splitting 7th Tradition 50/50 and each District is contributing $50 apiece.
- Kenny from District 1 will pick up 10 pizzas (7 pep, 3 cheese) from Little Caesars and deliver to Camel by 1:30pm.
- Cherie will ask District 9 to bring plates, soda, water and napkins, ice. If Dist 9 cannot, Cherie will contact Lynn, Dist 1, to bring.
- Each district provides own flyers.
GSR’s – Please announce this at each meeting this week! Flyer available on website.
The group thanked Cherie for her excellent work!
PICPC – Cherie – (Public Information & Cooperation with the Professional Community)
- Meetings held the third Monday of each month, 6pm, Central Office.
- Need young speakers to speak on panels in local High Schools. No visible tattoos, piercing. No profanity.
- Panel scheduled 4/23 and 4/24 at Bishop Gorman High School, 8am – 2pm.
- 5/3 at Palo Verde High School, 8am – 2pm
- Tentative panels for AARP and RN school in May if there are enough volunteers.
- Please contact Mary, PICPC co-chair, at 702-306-3093, if you can assist or recommend volunteers.
H&I – Tony (Liaison)
- Meetings held the third Tuesday of each month, 6pm, Central Office.
- CCDC meetings on hold due to the County’s budgeting constraints (staffing cuts).
- Background checks necessary to volunteer with correctional facilities.
- List of current meetings held at hospitals and institutions provided to group.
Grapevine Rep – Ted
- Meetings held the second Friday of each month, 6pm, Central Office.
- Ted maintains a supply of grapevines on hand if any GSR would like to purchase several for their home group.
Tonopah April 5 – 7th, 2013 Update: Jake thanked the GSR’s that attended the Round Tables last week!
- The finalized agenda items are pending and subject to change without notice.
- We discussed tentative 7 points – these points are not definite: La Vina, developing literature focused on spirituality, add an index to the Big Book, add “none left behind” as a sub-title to the AA and Armed Services pamphlet, change short version of Tradition 11 to include social/electronic media, establish a Facebook page (Trustee Committee recommends “no”), use commissioned on-line retailers to sell AA digital downloads.
- *When the “official” agenda is received, it will be emailed to GSR’s and posted on the website. At that time, GSR’s please obtain feedback from your home group regarding each topic to bring the group conscious to the Assembly.
- “Trusted Servant” (great reference: http://silkworth.net/pdfBillW/Bill-W-12-Concepts-World-Service-3rd-Concept.pdf ).
- The Stepping Out group will be given a donation for Tonopah, as the groups’ funds were stolen.
PRAASA Update – Jake delivered a PRAASA update.
Hotline – Ted can be reached at 702-335-5455
- Meetings held during the Intergroup meeting, second Monday of each month, 6pm, Central Office.
- Volunteers needed for 4 or 8 hour shifts.
- Captains (1 or 2) needed for Wednesday shifts to ensure the volunteers can take the calls and act as the back-up if they cannot!
Libby proposed an addition to the meeting format; each GSR to introduce self and briefly present any news on their home group. The group approved and will add.
Charlie shared flyers for the Thursday 7pm Specific Group speaker meeting (3945 E. Patrick Lane Suite F). Upcoming speakers: Frank K, Mary Lou, Fern. Format: 10 minute speaker, break, birthdays, 1 hour speaker.
The 7pm Friday night Stepping Out meeting changed format; now reading through all AA approved literature (Community Church 360 E. Horizon Drive).
IV. Happenin’ Upcoming Events:
March 16th, 2013 – Spring Workshop “Keeping it Green” 2pm – 4pm @ Camel Club (2301 E Sunset Rd. #2 Henderson)
- *GSR TO DO’s*: Please volunteer to arrive 30 minutes early to set-up or remain 30 minutes after for clean-up.
March 17th, 2013 – Service Festival 1pm @ T.I.E. Club
March 23rd, 2013 – Area 42 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off! Reformation Lutheran Church, 580 E. St. Louis Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89014
- We have our 6 chili cooks!
April 5 – 7th, 2013 – Spring Assembly – Tonopah, Nevada
May 19, 2013 – SAGSC 1:15pm @ TIE Club
|Jake DCM||Charlie Specific Group|
|Diana Thursday Night Sickos||Sherry Searchlight|
|Debbie Women in Recovery||Jessica Anthem Valle Girls|
|Kariene NAGL||John NAGL|
|Cherie PICPC Liaison||Rich Friday Night Men’s Stag|
|Lisa Precisely How Group||Kenny Precisely How Group|
|Scott Steps to Freedom||Ted Stepping Out|
|Diane Women in Recovery||Bob Beer 30|
|Lynnette Smell the Roses||Libby Smell the Roses|
|Tony H&I Liaison||Lynn Sunrise Group|
|Jamie Lost & Found|